If Mr. Collins was in a different class, would he do this?
Does he have a need for to marry for money, could he?
Does he actually care about Jane, Elizabeth, Charlotte?
Does he do it for his reputation?
Intro Paragraph
In the intro paragraph I will introduce the characters and the situation. I will also pose the questions and possibly some of the above follow up questions. Then in my thesis, I will state my answer and analyzation points. For the thesis I will probably state that Mr. Collins is doing it for his reputation, and possibly have a wife in/near the house he will inheret.
1st
Explain why he changes his mind. Analyze reputation, class, gender.
Reputation: he must feel embarrassed that he was rejected. He does not want to be known as the person who got rejected. Maybe because he believes that he is highly respected, that he must have a wife.
2nd
Is the realistic?
3rd
Why did Austen choose to write this. Is it satire. What is she mocking. What is she saying.
Is the realistic?
3rd
Why did Austen choose to write this. Is it satire. What is she mocking. What is she saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment